weight tracker

Monday, February 21, 2011

Wait...I'm a size what??

Since I can remember, shopping for clothes involved grabbing either XL or XXL tops and always both a size 16 and 18 of any bottoms (depending on how much room they allow for my substantial rear-end).  I've been trying NOT to go shopping, because I don't want to spend money on clothes that will hopefully be too big on my in the near future.  I've bought a top here and there, but that's it.


Chris convinced me to go shopping since I've been so miserable with the majority of my clothing being extremely ill-fitting (in a good way!).  So, off we go to the mall.  I don't even know what stores to shop in anymore!  I settle on NY&Co hoping to find some things that I can make work both for teaching and going out.  While grabbing things to try on, I had to force myself to just reach for the Large, not the XL.  Okay, got that done.


Now for some pants.  I grab a 16, and a 14 if by some miracle they would fit.  I found 2 really cute light sweaters that fit me awesomely.  And I walk out to show Chris the tops and the pants.  The pants were doing a weird thing in the crotch, but....


THE SIZE 14'S FIT ME PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!


No sucking it in to make them close, no muffin top going on.  I'm a size 14.  For reals.  I didn't buy any pants, but it's so cool that they fit.  


I'm a happy girl, even though it's snowing again!

2 comments: