weight tracker

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gym Pet Peeve of the Week

You've all seen them.  The big, buff, overly tanned guys who strut themselves around the gym with a gallon of water in one hand and muscle milk in the other, grunting and staring at themselves in the mirror non-stop.

Now, before you criticize, I have no issues with body builder types.  I think it's amazing that anyone could be so dedicated to physically alter their body into that kind of shape.  The tanning?  I blame Jersey Shore...

Anywho, my issue is with the few meatheads that just think they are the coolest people ever and have really loud, somewhat inappropriate conversations like no one else is anywhere in the same room.

The other day, I was filling up my water bottle at the fountain.  These 2 guys were waiting behind me.  One of them just booked a trip to Brazil and was so excited about all of the action *wink*wink* he was anticipating.  The other guy (who happened to be orange and bulky) went on about all of the different STD's you could get there, how amazing South American women are in bed, etc.

After I left with my full bottle and went to my machine a good 40 feet away, I could still hear Mr. Meaty discussing how he once dated a Columbian woman who would be naked every time he came home and couldn't wait to jump his bones, hottest thing ever, blah blah blah.

Dude, not only do I not believe a word you are saying (aside from urging your buddy to have safe sex), but I have no need to know what a gross pig you are.  Nor do I think that you would want anyone else to know this about you, since you pose with your protein shake and chat it up with the girls who come to the gym to do nothing else but walk around looking pretty.

I appreciate your concern for your friend and not wanting him to get a disease, but end it there.  Go grab a beer later and have the other conversations, or if you still want your protein, go make a white russian with your muscle milk!

4 comments:

  1. : ) I miss you, too! I'm glad I'll get to see you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's why I don't go to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't let them stop you! Just use them to feel better about the awesome human being you are! And laugh at them!

    It works for me!

    ReplyDelete