weight tracker

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Trader Joe's

Grumpy Gills has gone!  Yay!  Now, onto the real topic...

Every once in a while we make a pilgrimage to Trader Joe's.  I always forget just how much I love so many of the products there!  They always have something new and fun to try out!

I always try to keep some of their brick pack soups stocked up in my house.  The low-sodium butternut squash soup has 2 WW Points+ per cup, and 2 cups has only 3 Points+!  Their low-sodium creamy tomato soup is my all time favorite!  It has 3 WW Points+ per cup, 1.5 cups for 4 Points+.  Either one is perfect to warm you up on a cold day.  Pair it with one of their toasted ciabatta rolls (Points+ 3) and you have a nice winter's lunch.

I also discovered their salsa.  Now, TJ's has a million different salsa varieties.  We bought 3 different ones to try, and our favorite can be found in their refrigerated section in a small clear plastic container.  It's their regular mild Salsa, not the chunky one.  It's so good!  It has vinegar in it that really makes it stand out from regular jarred salsa.  Pair that with some blue corn chips and have a party!

My new go-to hunger food are the "This Fig Walks Into a Bar" cereal bars.  They have a WW Points+ value of 3, and are a great way to stave off hunger pangs.  I keep them at work, home, and in my bag so I always have one around.
They're a decent size, too!


What are your favorite discoveries at Trader Joe's?  Anything I should try?

3 comments:

  1. Omg. I've been creeping/lurking (what can I say, I love food blogs lol) but today I had to comment. I LOVE Trader Joes. Their hummus, multigrain crackers, pound plus dark chocolate, persimmons, nuts and dried fruit, rice milk, almond milk....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I forget about the chocolate!!! I was going to try the hummus sampler that had 4 different kinds, but I left it there. I'll have to give it a try next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you found a love for Trader Joe's! Brian n I do our bi-weekly grocery shop there and fill in the holes with stop and shop's natures promise. The raosted red pepper humus is delicious. And ur right the salsa is awesome...we had that exact combo with the blue corn tortilla chips at our superbowl party. It was a hit! That place truly is the Best!

    ReplyDelete