weight tracker

Monday, February 7, 2011

...but I'm soooooo tired!!!!

One of the biggest ways I used to hurt myself was by making excuses.  I can't go to the gym tonight because I'm too busy.  I ate really bad foods all week because I didn't feel great.  When you really think about it, why do we make so many excuses that just hurt ourselves?  It's not like we're doing anything that effects anybody but ourselves.


I stopped making excuses, and I think that that one change has helped me to be successful this time around.  Even if I'm tired, I still drag my butt to the gym.  Even if I only get on a machine for 20 minutes, it's 20 minutes more than nothing, and I feel better about myself for putting in the effort.


There are times throughout the week that I just want to pull into Carvel and grab a large extra thick chocolate shake, but is it really that good?  I am more satisfied by making chocolate milk at home with unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze and light chocolate syrup, not because it tastes better, but because I don't have to feel guilty for guzzling useless calories.


So, if you're having a tough time getting on track, see what excuses you make for yourself.  Try to go a week without making any excuses to yourself, just do what you set out to do in the first place.  It's not that hard, and you'll feel so much better about yourself!


Let me know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I can't. I just don't have enough time.

    LOL

    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete