weight tracker

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tempeh

So, during our travels to Trader Joe's, I came across 3 grain tempeh.  I had heard of it before, but never seen or tasted it.  I'm always looking for other ways to get protein into my diet, so I picked some up.

Last night, I threw together a stir fry using the veggies I had in my house, whole wheat pasta, some ginger stir fry sauce and sriracha (OMG hot but awesome).  What I was missing was protein!  I didn't have any chicken or enough shrimp or anything.  Enter tempeh...

I wasn't too sure what to do with it, so I cubed it up and tossed it in with the veggies so it could brown up.


I ended up really enjoying it!  It had a texture that reminded me of really dense barley.  Like tofu, it really tastes like whatever you cook it with.

So, if you see a pack, pick it up and give it a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment