weight tracker

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Wait- that sounds gross!

One of the things I've been trying to do during these busy weeks is keep cooked chicken in the fridge so I can pull together a quick dinner without having to first cook the meat itself.  I don't always have a specific recipe in mind, so I keep the chicken plain.  And I boil it.


Yes, you read that right.  I boil up a batch of trimmed chicken breasts.  I know it sounds gross, I thought so too at first, but it's really quick and works well!  The chicken works well in anything after that- chicken salad, enchiladas, wraps, you name it!  Just add seasoning when you use it, and enjoy.


Last night I took some, cubed it up, mixed it with taco sauce and topped it with a corn tortilla and some cheese.  Pop that in the oven until it's nice and hot, and viola!  Delicious enchilada-type dinner ready to go!

2 comments:

  1. sounds fabulous! I need to try boiling the chicken, it's probably a lot healthier and easier to clean up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll love it! It's very fast, and then you can use it in anything! Just remember to season whatever you're making well. We just tried a buffalo chicken salad recipe using the chicken- fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete