weight tracker

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Frozen Dinners

I'm counting down the days (1) until my life begins to become normal again in terms of hours spent at work versus hours spent on me!  These past few weeks have been full of stress and exhaustion, and not full enough of exercise and cooking.

This weekend I made it to Trader Joe's, and decided to try some of their frozen fish entrees.  Last night, I decided to make their Misoyaki Turbot.  The whole thing could serve 2 if you make additional sides, but at 8pm, no cooking was going to take place.  I decided to enjoy the whole thing myself for a total of 10 Points+ (420 cals, 12g fat, 820g sodium, 12g carbs, 62g protein, and 2g fiber).
It doesn't look as good as it tasted!
I really enjoyed this!  I've never had Turbot before, so I can't really speak about how the freezing altered the taste or texture.  It was a bit dense and fishy, but I'm assuming that's the kind of fish it was.  Ready in 8 minutes, it tasted great!  The fish was perfectly done, and the veggies and sauce were delicious.  There was so much fish, too!  I'm going to keep this in my freezer for those nights when a quick yet filling dinner is needed.

2 comments:

  1. Trader Joe's is the bomb. Do you like Indian food? They have some amazing side dishes that are big enough and filling enough for a full meal. Some are frozen and some come in a box, but they're not dried, they're in a packet that you just microwave or you can boil them to heat them up. Serge and I have been on a "slow-carb" diet since January and beans are a huge part of it, so if you get the ones that have no sugar (they have a bunch of them), they are actually really healthy. They have lentil ones, chickpea ones, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to give them a try. I'm going to systematically try everything bit by bit- lol.

    ReplyDelete