weight tracker

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Fast-Food Conundrum

Normally, I tend to avoid fast-food chains since they are usually filled with high fat, high sodium, high carbohydrate foods that I'm trying to avoid.  Yet, while away, I found myself sticking mainly to these same eateries.


Why?


They have nutritional information available.  They give you everything you need to know in order to make a better choice.  You can take a few minutes before you go out to get a meal and check out the stats of whatever you are thinking of ordering online.  Subway might not have a fantastic turkey sandwich, but I can better estimate what I'm about to eat than if I went to a deli.  The same with breakfast.  Dunkin Donuts has a lot of horrible choices, but they also have some not so bad ones in there (my favorite is the Bacon, Egg and Cheese Wake- Up Wrap checking in at 5 Points+).  And, of course, there's my beloved Panera, which can be just as unhealthy if you're not careful.  The thai chopped chicken salad made another appearance, and was just as delicious!


So, my mentality about fast-food has changed.  It's no longer something to steer clear of, but it's something to rely on in a pinch, so long as one remembers to order the right things!

No comments:

Post a Comment