weight tracker

Monday, April 25, 2011

Bring on the Meat!!!

Since starting WW, I really haven't been eating much, if any, red meat.  It's higher in fat than other protein sources, but sometimes, you just need meat!

We love buying a full filet mignon when it's on sale, freezing them, then thawing and trimming it up ourselves (who am I kidding?  Chris trims it up himself, I can't take any credit for that!), and testing out various marinades before grilling it.  We were both craving meat, so we took one out of the freezer.  We made 2 different marinades.  The first one was olive oil, worcestershire sauce, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.  
8 oz. (before cooking) filet mignon, with my faux risotto made with beef broth, mushrooms, onion and broccoli.
Whole meal: 12 Points+
It was pretty good, but nothing as compared to my Favorite Marinade for any Meat Besides Fish!

I have used this same marinade for pork, chicken, and steak, with wonderful results.  It can be grilled, cooked in the oven, or even in the slow cooker (with chicken).  The marinade itself tastes great cooked up as a side sauce as well!  The ingredients seem like a strange combination, but trust me, it comes together wonderfully.

Ingredients:
2/3 cup apricot preserves
1/3 cup ketchup
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 tsp garlic, chopped
3 tsp hot sauce (we like more heat, so we use this liberally!)

Mix all ingredients, add meat of choice.  Marinate and cook with whatever method you choose!  I ate it before I got a chance to snap a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment