weight tracker

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pumpkin Smoothie

I've been in a breakfast rut.  I like to use only 4 Points+, and my greek yogurt with preserves fits that bill perfectly!  It fills me up, keeps me satisfied, and it's delicious!  I sometimes make egg whites with center cut bacon and some toast, but that adds up in points, so I usually save that for mornings when Chris and I are home together and want to make a nice breakfast.  


This morning, it's all gray outside, Chris is at work, and I know I need to head to the gym soon or else I won't get my butt out of the house at all today!  I ran out of yogurt yesterday, and bacon and eggs is way too heavy to eat before going to workout.  


I decided that I wanted to make a smoothie.  The problem?  I have no fruit in my house!  My usual stockpile of frozen banana is empty and all fresh fruit has been consumed.  Off to the pantry I go to see what I can find.  


Enter:  Libby's Pure Pumpkin


I am a pumpkin fan.  It's a mild flavor, and I enjoy the texture.  After looking up some pumpkin smoothie recipes, I created one of my own that satisfied my breakfast needs this morning.  It has a mild taste, but I didn't want to overdo the cinnamon.  I might add a bit more next time, but for now, this works!  


Try out this Pumpkin Smoothie.  The best part?  3 POINTS+!!!
Ingredients
1 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
1 cup Libby's Pure Pumpkin
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 packets of Splenda
5 ice cubes

Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until well mixed and the ice fully broken up.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment