weight tracker

Friday, April 8, 2011

I need more fruits and veggies!

I've realized that during these busy few weeks, I've forgotten about fruits and vegetables.  Not only are they  0 Points+, but they're yummy!  I usually use them to bulk up my meals, but these past few weeks have found them missing!


I'm going to get back on the wagon today!  I have some red grapes with me, and I'm stopping by the store after rehearsal tonight to stock up on some fresh produce.  The weekend is finally here, and I'll have some time to cook.


My latest veggie snack is so simple and so delicious.  Peel a cucumber (or don't if you like the skin, I can't stand it!), and dip it in some tzatziki (greek yogurt cucumber dill garlic dip- it's fantastic).  Tzatziki has always been a favorite of mine.  I haven't mastered making my own yet, but I've found the one from Trader Joe's to be fantastic.  A half cup of tzatziki is 2 Points+, the cucumber is 0, so it's very WW friendly.


I highly suggest taking a trip to TJ's if you haven't already.  A lot of people are under the assumption that it's an expensive specialty grocer.  WRONG!!!  Most of the items are actually cheaper than you would find in another store, and you can find many unique items there.  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Trader Joes...95% of the pre-packaged meals I've gotten from there are delicious. If you haven't already, try the frozen mahi and the shrimp fried ride. Two of my favorites.:)

    ReplyDelete