weight tracker

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

New Fav Meal & New Page!

Have you ever been hungry and find yourself pacing back and forth, blankly staring into your pantry, refrigerator and freezer, trying to come up with something to eat that will taste good and satisfy your hunger?


This happens to me all of the time.  I know I have food in my house, it's just a matter of putting things together so that I'm happy with the results.  Well, I've come up with a meal using foods I keep in stock all of the time.  I call it...


Shrimp Enchilada Stew
I didn't get a good picture, I was too hungry!!!
Ingredients:
12 large frozen shrimp, thawed, cut into thirds
1/2 cup frozen roasted corn
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
1/8 cup mexican blend shredded cheese

Instructions:
Pre-heat the oven to 450.  Using a large oven-safe dish (I used a quart sized Pyrex bowl), mix all ingredients except cheese.  Place in oven, stir every once in a while, and cook until shrimp is 95% done.  Sprinkle cheese on top and cook until melted.   Serve with tortilla chips, it's soupy!

This was so good.  The recipe above clocks in at 7 Points+, and it's so much food!  If you don't like shrimp, it tastes just as great with diced chicken (Points+ value would be a little higher).  I paired this with 4 corn tortillas made into chips for a total value of 10 Points+.  


In other news...

I've created a new page on here where I'm going to track my workouts.  It's nothing overly interesting, but I've had a lot of people ask me what I do when I go to the gym, so I decided that I'll keep a basic log of exactly what I do each day.  Check it out in the tabs towards the top of this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment