weight tracker

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Adventures in Grocery Shopping

Now, I'm the type of person who will try pretty much anything.  I could totally go along with those guys on the Travel Channel who journey to foreign lands and eat all of this crazy looking stuff.  I'd be in heaven!


That being said, I've decided to do what I can to make my food life more exciting while not going off of the island.  I've been inspired by our WW Leader at our last meeting, and I'm determined to buy new produce every time I go shopping.  This week I purchased jicama, papaya, parsnips and ataulfo mangoes.  Nothing too fancy or out there, but just things I haven't had before.  


Sadly, I haven't seen anymore fresh lychees since I bought them all a few weeks ago.  Very upsetting.


I'm going to try and keep this going, trying something new as often as I can.  It should keep things interesting.  I will be posting my opinions of everything I'm trying, as well as any recipes I may whip together.


Any suggestions as to something I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment