weight tracker

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Baby Spinach, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad

I love beets, but they scare me.  I've never cooked them myself due to a fear of staining my skin and the entire kitchen.  I don't want to have to explain red blotches all over my face.  "Well, you see, I was peeling a beet, and it ATTACKED ME!"  I'm very dramatic.


I finally conquered my fear of cooking beets.  It was way simpler than I thought.  I boiled them until they were fork tender, took them out, let them cool for a bit, then peeled them.  Viola.  Not nearly as traumatic as my imagination.  I put together this great salad, and it was only 4 Points+ (depending on your dressing).
Ingredients:
One large beet, cooked, peeled and cubed
2 cups baby spinach, rinsed and patted dry
3 tbsp light red wine vinaigrette (I love the one by Olde Cape Cod- it's delicious)
1 oz goat cheese, crumbled


Instructions:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Admire how awesome it looks.  Eat it, and save a perfect bite of spinach, beet, cheese and dressing for last.  Let it linger, and make content food noises while your husband looks at you like you're insane!

No comments:

Post a Comment