weight tracker

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gym Rave of the Week

I need to watch something interesting while doing my cardio.  Music doesn't give me enough reason to keep going hard for the full 40 minutes, I'll want to stop way before that.  So, I put movies and shows onto my iPod and have always watched them that way.  It works.


The elliptical I like to use has controls for both the crossramp and resistance, as well as moveable arms.  There was only one of these in the entire gym.  A few weeks ago, our gym got a whole bunch of new cardio machines, including 3 more ellipticals with all of the features I like.  The only issue for me was that they lacked a place for me to put my iPod where I could watch it.  There was a space on top where I could plug it in to charge, but it would obscure half of the screen.  Therefore, I've put off using the new machines.


Yesterday, the gym was relatively empty when I got there, but someone was on the one machine I usually use.  So, I decided to try a new machine.  I got on, started pedaling, and plugged in my iPod figuring I could at least charge it while watching whatever ended up being on tv at the moment.  Much to my pleasant surprise, the wire that I thought was just a power cord was actually a complete AV wire, so it charged my iPod while allowing me to watch my show on the larger elliptical screen instead of my little one.  How awesome!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment