weight tracker

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sriracha

Mission:  Add heat and flavor to pretty much anything.
Weapon of choice???

SRIRACHA!!!!!
I'm all fierce and junk, especially with my blue nail polish!
Sriracha is a condiment that took me forever to find.  I had heard of it on cooking shows, I knew it was an asian chili sauce, but I couldn't for the life of me find it.  I finally found it in Target of all places.  

Sriracha is made from chilies, sugar, salt, garlic and vinegar.  It's different from your usual hot sauce in that, in my opinion, it has a lot more flavor besides just being "hot".  It's 0 Points+, so you don't have to use up any points by adding it to a dish.

So far, my favorite uses have been during breakfast and in soups.  While enjoying my poached eggs with polenta, I've been adding a drop of sriracha to each bite to add a little something special.  Delicious!  I've also created my own amped up version of egg drop soup (recipe coming soon!) including some sriracha, and it adds so much depth along with heat.  I plan on experimenting by adding it to my favorite marinades and sauces.  

Look out for this condiment!  Pick up a bottle, it's very inexpensive, and keep it around.  You never know when you might be looking to add exactly what sriracha can provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment