weight tracker

Monday, July 11, 2011

Knee News

So after a few different appointments and another MRI on my knee, we have good news and bad-ish news.


The good news is that my ACL is still attached, and it doesn't look like I'll need further surgery on that.


The bad-ish news is that my meniscus developed another nasty tear (they had shaved it down when I had my ACL repair because it was torn then, too).  My knee cap is also off-center.  For now, I'm getting another brace and starting physical therapy 3x a week.  My doctor said that I'm right to be staying away from exercises that have too much impact, so I'm going to leave any "new" workouts for PT so they can judge what won't hurt me.  Depending how all of that goes, I may need them to go in again to repair my meniscus, but at least that's not nearly as invasive as a complete ACL replacement.  

No comments:

Post a Comment