weight tracker

Monday, May 2, 2011

I Wish I Could Pronounce the Name of my Post Topic!

So, walking around the grocery store the other day, I spy something interesting in the cereal isle.  Bob's Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli.  Moosley?  Myoosley?  I'm not sure!


I am sure that I have a new favorite hot breakfast!  And it's filled with yummy, healthy things!
Muesli is a whole grain cereal, similar to oatmeal, but with a lot of yummy things in it.  It contains rolled oats, wheat, rye, triticale, barley, raisins, dates, sunflower seeds, almonds and walnuts.  I'm pretty sure all of those things are on many "things you should eat" lists.


I prepared mine according to the package directions- equal parts muesli and liquid.  I chose my favorite- Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk.  I combined a 1/2 cup of each, 2 packets of Splenda and about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, stirred, and cooked on the stove.  It was so good!  The sunflower seeds provide a very good textural element that regular oatmeal lacks.  It was on the dry side, but still delicious.  I doubled the liquid the next day, but then it was too mushy, although still good.  I'm going to split the difference next time.


You can also eat it cold, letting it soak in milk or yogurt for a bit, but I haven't tried that yet. 1/2 cup of Muesli will set you back 6 Points+, and another 1 Point+ for the milk.  Very worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment