weight tracker

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Deli Lunch

I wasn't in the mood to make lunch this morning.  A sandwich just wasn't going to be what I wanted.  It's been gross and rainy, and I wanted something hot.


I headed down to the deli during lunch time, but I knew that I didn't want a wrap or anything cold.  Luckily, they have great daily hot lunch specials.  Meatballs?  Nah, too many points.  Same goes for the sausage and peppers and lasagna.


I hit the jackpot with chicken cacciatore!  It looked so yummy, tomato sauce and lots of veggies.  I got that with steamed veggies as both of my sides.  I took off any chicken skin, and dipped the veggies in the sauce.  For a Points+ value of 11, I had a very hearty and satisfying lunch!
I was really happy to see a relatively healthy hot lunch option!  The next time you go to your local deli, try something other than a sandwich if it's available.  You might be very pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment