weight tracker

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Granola

Last weekend, we were away and I discovered the joy of oatmeal with brown sugar and granola.  I was determined to make my own granola.  I found a great recipe, tweaked it to my taste, and it was so easy!


As written, an 1/8 cup serving has 2 Points+.  This plus a cup of oatmeal and 1 tbsp makes a delicious breakfast for 7 Points+.


You can add other nuts or dried fruit, but keep in mind that the Points+ value will change.


Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt


3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dry roasted almonds, chopped


Directions:
Preheat oven to 275


Mix butter, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl.  Stir until well combined.


Add oats and almonds, stir until evenly coated.  There will be enough liquid to coat it all, I promise!


Spread mixture in a 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 50-60 minutes, stirring every 10, until granola has reached a beautiful, golden color.

No comments:

Post a Comment