weight tracker

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happiness is a New Blender!

Since smoothie making is now a regular part of my week, I made the decision to upgrade my blender.  My old blender was doing the job, but it took a long amount of time, adding one thing at a time, and shaking it around from time to time when it froze up.  I knew either I would somehow hurt myself or burn out the motor in the near future.

I have heard amazing things about Vitamix blenders, but there's no way that I could justify spending that much money on a blender.  It's just insane!  I was able to find a blender by Breville that was within my price range and looked like it had all of the features I wanted.  Chris thought I was nuts spending that much money on a blender, but I bought it anyway!
Let me tell you, this thing is AMAZING!!!  It's a Breville Ikon Hemisphere LCD Blender.  It is stainless steel and glass, nice and heavy.  It has all the regular speed options, but it also has a smoothie setting.  I wasn't quite sure what the difference would be between a speed and the smoothie mode, but I soon found out!

The smoothie mode plans to have a mix of liquids and solids.  It starts off spinning regularly, then it pulses itself, and resumes this cycle for 60 seconds.  That's it.  60 seconds and it's done!  No chunks!  And it's super quiet!  Amazing!  I was so impressed!  Sometimes, all it takes is a blender!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment