weight tracker

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Emotional-Stress Eating Experiment!

We all emotionally eat at times.  It's a fact of life.  I have many memories of being upset, and hanging out with close friends, eating takeout chinese and enjoying ice cream.  


I'm finding that now, when I'm stressed for one reason or another, I would rather go to the gym.  I have realized why!


Gym time is me time.  I don't think about anything else, except that I am here to improve and challenge myself.  My time on the elliptical is spent thinking about pushing myself a bit harder to increase my distance, even if it's just by a little.  My time lifting weights is spent making sure to keep the proper form and breath, even when it's hard.  My time in yoga is spent thinking about my breathing and pushing my body as far as it can go.  I don't have any time at the gym to worry about anything else that may be going on in my life.


Experiment time:  If you are an emotional eater, the next time you feel like binging, exercise.  Take a walk around the block.  Go for a bike ride.  Hit the gym, and hit it hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment