weight tracker

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"Walks. The body advances, while the mind flutters around it like a bird" ~Jules Renard

This past weekend, I was going to meet Chris in the city when he got off of work at 2pm.  Since the weather is finally getting nicer, I decided to take the train in earlier and just walk around.  That's one of my favorite things to do (and I get in exercise!).  I love to walk around the city without having a specific plan of where I'm going.  I'm an observer, and I enjoy taking it all in by myself.


So, I skipped my usual morning trip to the gym, and arrived at Penn Station at noon.  I had a good 2 hours (I wish I woke up earlier!) to myself to do whatever I wanted.  I also love taking pictures, so I was sure to have my camera with me, complete with fully charged batteries and an empty memory card!


I knew that I eventually needed to end up at 59th street, so I decided to make my way over to Central Park via Times Square.  What a great day!  I kept my pace up, and enjoyed my day so much!  The walk to the park was nice and entertaining.


The park itself is always great.  I love how the terrain has a lot of hills, it definitely makes the walk more challenging.  I made a conscious decision to always take the path that would require me to walk on an incline!  I ended up walking for almost 2 hours straight, and even though my shins felt it the next day, I felt very accomplished.


We decided that once the weather gets a little nicer, we are going to do this more often!  Just spend a day walking around, discovering new places, spending time together, and getting in some exercise.  I also want to work my way up to being able to walk both of my dogs by myself this summer.  For those of you who don't know them, my dogs are energetic to say the least, and they aren't good walkers at all!  They constantly pull, but we are working on it.  Between training them and improving my own health, I should be able to take them out on my own.


Here's one more quote that I enjoy:  "People say that losing weight is no walk in the park.  When I hear that I think, yeah, that's the problem."  ~Chris Adams


The first sign of spring in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment