weight tracker

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

This ish is bananas...

I had a craving.  An ice cream shake was needed.  Emergency!  Emergency!  Code red!  CODE RED!!!!


Well, ice cream wasn't exactly in my future, at least not in the quantities I really wanted.  Time to improvise.  What about those frozen bananas chilling in my freezer?  You know, the ones that were so ripe and I didn't want to make banana bread so we peeled, sliced and froze them?  Enter the greatest thing ever.


Take about a cup of frozen banana slices (about 1 large banana worth).  Put them in a blender with 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 3 packets of Splenda and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.  Blend away!  If you have an old blender like mine, you may have to put some extra effort in to make sure the banana gets pulverized.


This comes out so good!  It has a WW Points+ value of 1!  It completely satisfied my craving!  It's sweet, nice and creamy, and you don't have to add any ice since the banana is frozen, so it doesn't get watered down.  I may even try adding some vanilla protein powder to make it a bit more complete and drink it before the gym.  Perhaps maybe some of my light chocolate syrup would add a little something to it as a dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment