weight tracker

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Portion Control!

A major part of developing healthy eating habits is working on portion control.  It is so easy to over-do it and make healthy foods unhealthy.


A new habit of mine is portioning out food right when I bring it home.  I whip out my food scale and little baggies, and start measuring away!  Then, when you are hungry for a snack, you can just pick up a little baggie instead of being tempted to just eat out of the larger bag (and probably eat much more than just one serving!). 


With other foods, such as meats, I also measure out one pound quantities before I put them away.  This helps make dinner quicker.  Just grab the pre-measured, pre-trimmed meat, and you cut out one step.


Give it a try this week when you do your shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment