weight tracker

Monday, June 20, 2011

Tomatillo Salsa

For a while now, I've been tempted by the tomatillos at the grocery store, but I've never known what to do with them!  This weekend, I just bought a bunch along with some jalapeno peppers, looked for a salsa, tweaked it a bit, and it's fantastic!
Here's what you'll need:
6 tomatillos, husks removed
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (seeds and all!)
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place tomatillos in a non-reactive pan (I used stainless steel) and cover with water.  Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes or until tomatillos are soft.  

Drain and place tomatillos in a blender.  Add remaining ingredients and blend until it's a consistency that you like.  We like it smooth, so we ran it on the smoothie mode.

Voila!  It's really great, good kick but not over-powering.  I can see it going great with grilled chicken, tonight we are enjoying it with tortilla chips.  

No comments:

Post a Comment