weight tracker

Monday, June 6, 2011

Black Bean and Corn Side Dish

With all of the barbecues that take place during the summer, you rarely find a side dish that is low fat.  Salads are usually mayonnaise based, or things are full of brown sugar and sauce.  It can be a nightmare!


The other night I decided last minute that I wanted to throw a side together for barbecued chicken, but it had to be something I had in the house since I was short on time.  Enter the best-bbq-side-ever!


Take a can of black beans (rinsed and drained), a cup of frozen corn kernels (thawed) and salsa to taste.  I used a medium salsa because we like spice.  Mix, add salt to taste.  


THAT'S IT!  It makes 4 servings at 3 Points+ each.  Again, we ate it before I could take a picture, but I know we will be making it again soon, so I will be sure to update!

No comments:

Post a Comment