weight tracker

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gym Pet Peeve of the Week

Off I went to finally enjoy an evening of exercise!  I'm more than halfway through my elliptical routine when a couple get on the machines next to me.  Nothing unusual, I don't have space issues, we're good.


Then the odor hits me, from the woman.  It's not body odor, I can deal with that since we are in a place where you are expected to sweat.  It's not dirty clothing odor.  


It's none other than alcohol stink.  Apparently the best pre-workout beverage is beer!  I have to say, I've smelt many scents in the gym environment, but this was a first.  She didn't appear drunk, but you can't mistake the smell of beer for anything else.  I don't understand why someone would drink then workout.  Isn't that counterproductive?  Dangerous?  Stupid???


So, Ms. Beery, save your drinking for when you get home.  Spare me the smell and potential safety hazards!

No comments:

Post a Comment