weight tracker

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Beach Snacks

It's summer, and that means more time at the beach!  More time at the beach means more food consumed out of my house!  DANGER ZONE!


I've made a point of riding my bike to the beach this summer whenever I go alone, that way I get a workout in.  The only problem I encountered was what to bring as a beach snack!  I love fruit, but I put everything into a backpack, a cooler doesn't fit, and I hate warm fruit.  Off to the pantry I go!


I decided on beef jerky and almonds.  Not together.  2 ounces of beef jerky has 4 Points+, and it's so much more than you'd think!  It takes a while to eat and keeps you full.  One ounce of almonds (around 20) is 5 Points+, but again, you eat them slow and they are satisfying.  I buy dry roasted unsalted almonds, and they are delicious!  


I brought a bag of each with me this morning, and only ate a fraction!  I plan on packing these 2 snacks, along with water, each time I get on that bike and head to the beach!


What are you favorite healthy beach snacks that don't need to be kept cool?

2 comments:

  1. almonds and cranberries. Frozen grapes thaw out well by the time the morning hunger hits. PBJ is a requirement for me at the beach....so it's kinda woth it too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the cranberries would make a great addition to the almonds! I'll keep that in mind! Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete