weight tracker

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cedar Plank Salmon

I love salmon, but I find myself getting into a rut as far as recipes are concerned.  I don't like heavy sauces, and my usual recipes bore me now.  I was walking through the grocery store the other day, and saw cedar planks.  Hey, why not!


They are really easy to use, and the results were great!  You soak the plank in water for at least an hour, then add it to a grill maintaining a temperature of 350.  After 3 minutes, turn the plank over and place the fish on top (we just seasoned it with salt and pepper).  Leave the top closed, keep an eye on the temp, and when the fish flakes, it's done.  You don't have to flip it at all, and the result is an extremely moist, delicious piece of fish!  We served it with the black bean and corn salsa and some faux risotto!  It was the best meal we've made in a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment