weight tracker

Monday, August 1, 2011

Jicama

I'm still on the fence about this one.  Jicama is a root vegetable.  It looks like a cross between a potato and a turnip.  You peel them, slice them, and enjoy them raw in most cases.
I kept coming across recipes using jicama cut into thin slices and sprinkled with lime juice and chili powder.  Apparently this is a popular snack in Mexico.  Since I had all of the ingredients on hand, and it would be 0 Points+, I gave it a try.  I have to say that the jicama itself really tasted like nothing, so I ended up putting on a lot of lime juice and completely covering it in chili powder (the picture above was how I made it at first).  The jicama was really just a point-free way of delivering the other tastes into my tummy.  I can imagine using jicama to eat dips, but I haven't tried it yet.  I'm not ready to give up, though.  I still have half in my fridge, and am going to experiment with creating a low-point dip to enjoy with this.  Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment