weight tracker

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Wonton Wrappers

I'm a fan of wonton wrappers.  I've used them for years, mainly for, well, wonton soup.  You will find them in the produce section near the tofu.  This week, I've decided to make use of these in new ways!  2 wonton wraps have 1 Point+ (8 wrappers have 160 cals, .5g fat, 31g carbs, 6g protein, 1g dietary fiber, 310mg sodium).


First, I took a muffin tin, sprayed with cooking spray, then pressed a wrap into each cup.  I sprayed again, then baked at 400 until they were crispy and browned.
I had a grand idea of filling these with turkey taco salad, making mini-salad shells, but they were too small, so I ended up crumbling them on top!  These do make really neat cups, though, I just have to come up with a more size appropriate filling.  Tune in the rest of the week for creations using these wrappers!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! This is a recipe I've been wanting to try with wonton wrappers: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/mini-lasagna-cups.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Perhaps I'll come up with a slightly more diet friendly version soon!

    ReplyDelete