weight tracker

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Burger Joint

The other day, I was on a field trip with my grad class (hooray field trips as an adult!) and we were going to a burger joint for lunch.  Upon hearing this, I became upset, thinking that I was either going to be stuck ordering a burger and hating myself for the amount of points I would use up, or that I would have to stay away from any type of burger and be the girl who orders a salad and stares longingly at everyone else's food.

Off to the restaurant website I went, and, much to my surprise, they had a few "healthy" options.  My choice was for a tuna burger marinated in ginger, soy and scallions.  I was picturing minced tuna formed into a patty, but was pleasantly surprised when out came my plate with a tuna steak on the bun.  It was delicious, I only ate the bottom half of the bun, and got a side of sweet potato fries.  Let me tell you, this was the best thing I had in a long time, and I wasn't upset at the lack of beef in my burger.

I'm determined to recreate this marinade at home, it's my mission of the week.  Stay tuned for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment