weight tracker

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Life Without Cable

I wasn't sure how I'd do getting rid of the cable boxes.  I knew I'd be very happy about my newly lowered bill from Cablevision, but what about when I actually want to watch televsion?

Let me tell you, this decision is one of the best I've ever made!  I bought an HDMI adapter for my laptops so I can project the screen onto my televisions.  You can find most shows online for free (via the network websites and www.hulu.com).  We also have the streaming service through Netflix for when we want to browse for something to watch.  Finally, we make very good use of our library and the DVD offerings which are essentially free since we pay for the library through our taxes whether we use the service or not.  It's really nice to sit down and watch something you actually have interest in.  I never realized how much garbage I watched simply because "there was nothing else on."  The only issue we are predicting is once football season starts, we can't watch the games we want to at home.  Since the Miami Dolphin games aren't usually broadcast up here, we realized we end up going out to a sports bar to watch them, anyway.  So, Sundays, you will find me representing the Dolphins somewhere other than my house.

Have you thought about going without cable?  If so, try it for a week.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

No comments:

Post a Comment