weight tracker

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year!

Alright, it's day 3 of 2012, and I've kept to my goals!  So far, so good.  I made it through the Giants game on Sunday and only drank one beer.  And lots of water.  And a delicious turkey burger!


I often forget what I used to do in the past that was successful, but I have to say that keeping this blog has allowed me to go back and look at the past.  If something was good, I posted it here.  Yesterday I needed a breakfast to go, but wanted something more than a fig bar.  So, I came back here, searched for my breakfast tags, and rediscovered a delicious pumpkin smoothie I made last year.  I had everything in my pantry to whip it up, and it was so good!  I even had it again today.


One of my strategies to help me along has always been to cook up multiple meals on Sunday to have for lunches and dinners throughout the week.  This week, I made Split Pea Soup (6 servings, 4 Points+ each) and Meatball and Spaghetti Soup (6 servings, 5 Points+ each) from Skinnytaste.com.  They are both so delicious and perfect for this time of year when it's chilly outside.  I'm slowly cooking my way through that website, and so far most of her recipes are really good.  I highly recommend checking it out.


Here's to 2012!  

No comments:

Post a Comment