weight tracker

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Gym Pet Peeve of the Week

Before I even start, let me just say that I LOVE my gym and everyone who works there.  Honestly, it's a great place to be.  


That being said, I have an issue with one of the fitness instructors of a class I take every week.  The class is great, always leaving me feeling accomplished afterwards (and sore the next day).  The instructor is nice and really pays attention to the participants to make sure everyone is doing the right thing.


My issue?  The instructor does not go with the music.  Now, I know I'm a music teacher, but I can't be the only one who has this need to move with the beat of the music, especially in a class where you are moving together.  I think part of the problem is that the music isn't loud enough.  You can hear it fine, but it's not as loud as other classes.  The instructor will be counting the moves totally off of the beat, and every once in a while they will notice it's not matching up, have the class freeze, and try to get back on the beat.   Try listening to a song and NOT clapping on the beat (or opposite of the beat).  I double-dog-dare you!


I have to force myself to try and tune out the music and just rely on the verbal cues and watch what is going on.  It's so hard!  There are times where the music only has 8 beats but somehow the instructor adds in a 9th!  I don't even know how that happens!


Has anyone else had this sort of trouble with a fitness class?

No comments:

Post a Comment