weight tracker

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's Get Physical

If you've been going to the gym for a while and have been sticking to the same routine, I suggest shaking things up a bit!  Not only is it better for your body, but it will keep you from getting bored and dreading doing the same thing for the millionth time!

I'm a creature of habit.  I would go to work, and then go to the gym after.  40 minutes on the elliptical while watching something on Netflix, then at least 20 minutes of weight machines, mainly arms and abs.  BORING!!!!!!

I've made it a goal to try more of the classes offered at my gym, and I'm so glad I did!  There's a great class called Basic Training that is an all over barbell workout.  It works your whole body in 45 minutes and it's a lot of fun!  I'm doing that on Tuesday nights and Sunday mornings.  Wednesday nights there's a Punch-Kick Weight Camp that's a dumbell workout with kickboxing intervals.  This also gets my whole body working while adding in the cardio element.  It's awesome!  I also plan on going back to that great yoga class on Monday nights and Saturday mornings.

So, just in classes, that's 5 days of different workouts.  On the other days and before yoga, I'm either going to rest or go to my elliptical followed by some kettle bell exercises instead of the machines(never used a kettle bell?  You should check them out!).  

I hope that this will kickstart my body into losing weight again.  If you've been shy about trying classes at your gym, give one a chance.  I think you'll find that it's worth the risk of walking in for that first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment