weight tracker

Friday, August 2, 2013

Need a quickie?

Sometimes, you just need a quick, light hunger solution, but don't have time for a meal.
GNC has a weight loss program called Total Lean.  I know almost nothing about the program as a whole, so I cannot evaluate it, but I have discovered their ready to drink shakes.  Here's why I like them!

Taste!
Each flavor I have tried (swiss chocolate, vanilla bean, and strawberries & cream) actually tastes good!  This is the first "diet" shake I have tried that I like drinking.  I haven't tried making them from powder, so I don't know if it tastes the same, but the bottled versions are yummy!

Portion and Nutrition
Each shake is 14 fluid ounces!  That's almost 2 cups!  It takes a while to drink, and it keeps you satisfied since it's a large amount of liquid.  The shakes are lactose free, high in protein, and low in sugar.  They also have 24 vitamins and minerals.

Here is the nutritional breakdown of each shake:
Calories: 170
Total Fat: 6g
Sodium: 330mg (chocolate has 390mg)
Potassium: 310mg (chocolate has 475mg)
Total Carbohydrate: 6g
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 2g
Protein: 25g

I tend to grab one for breakfast on days that I don't have time to make something else.  I also pack one in a lunch bag with ice on days when I will be out running around for a long time.  It keeps me from stopping somewhere and getting something else to eat/drink that would be much worse for me!  

I also like it for days when I'm going to the gym, but I'm hungry!  I don't want to eat a meal before the gym, but working out with a grumbling tummy is only going to make things worse!  A shake is the perfect solution for me.  Quick, easy, yummy, and doesn't hang around in the stomach too long to cause discomfort while exercising.  

No comments:

Post a Comment