weight tracker

Friday, August 30, 2013

Change of Priorities

Over the past 2 weeks, I've had a personal revelation of sorts- my priorities are being happy and healthy.  Not being skinny, not running a marathon, not eating certain things.  I want to be happy and healthy.

I'm not going to weight myself weekly anymore.  It's not a "goal" for me.  I've always been an extremely confident person, and strangely enough, when I focused on weight loss and did lose a whole bunch, I lost my confidence!  I remember being so confused, but I couldn't find my confidence.

I was also broken when I realized how much weight I put back on since then.  That also made me miserable.  I can't focus on that, though, or it will ruin me.

So, here's the new plan.  My goal is to be happy while being healthy, and hopefully losing weight will be a positive side effect.

Instead of trying to squeeze into my "skinny" clothes, I went out and bought clothing that fits.  I didn't buy an entire wardrobe, but enough bottoms and tops to get me through my days.

I got a full body massage.  It was glorious, as am I, both inside and out.

I got a mani/pedi, a new haircut and color.  Seems normal, but I never spend money on myself, especially not in the "pampering" department.  I am so happy that I did, I feel unstoppable!

I am trying my best to eat healthy, but if I really want something, I have it and don't regret it.  I'm not eating donuts and fast food all day, don't worry, but my fried calamari at dinner last night was AMAZING!!!  Like, the best I've ever had.  No regrets.

I am still going to the gym.  It makes me feel good, and I love when I surprise myself and am stronger than I give myself credit for. 

My self confidence is the highest it's been in a very, very long time!

So, here's my advice:  Make yourself happy and be healthy.  Live life, but don't go overboard!

2 comments:

  1. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ....that is all

    ReplyDelete