weight tracker

Monday, August 5, 2013

Dirty Girl Mud Run and Weekly Weigh In


So far, being back on track, I'm down 3 lbs!
Before and After
This weekend was the Dirty Girl Mud Run, and I did it!!!  I did all but 2 of the obstacles, and I was very proud of myself!  I've found that I have very good balance, and rock cargo nets!!!  There was one inclined log obstacle that I almost got over, but it was very slippery, and I had a vision of my foot slipping and hitting my knee or head on the log.  So, I decided to go around it after I was almost at the halfway point.

The one obstacle that killed my legs?  There was this one section towards the end that was (or at least felt like) at least a half mile of thick, thick mud a few inches deep.  Like, the kind of mud that you could easily lose a shoe in.  It reminded me of the scene where Artax drowns in the swamps in the Neverending Story.
If this scene means nothing to you, your childhood was lacking!
Like, seriously, my body just couldn't deal with having to pull my legs out of the mud after every single step of this section.  My fellow Dirty Girl, Katie (who is awesome and amazing for staying with my slow butt even though she is currently training for her marathon- you should check her blog out!), almost lost me in the mud!!!  I did survive, but my body is not happy about it today!  

For anyone considering doing a 5K or a mud run- do it!!!  If I could do it, you can do it!  It's completely non-competitive, I walked 90% of it, plenty of others walked, too!  Chances are that you will do better than you think!  I plan on doing more in the future, hopefully my body will be less sore as I get back in shape!!!

1 comment:

  1. You were AMAZING!!!!!! And we had a blast!!!!! LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete