weight tracker

Monday, September 26, 2011

I Survived My First 5K

I did it!  I survived the 5K!  And I even ran a little bit of it!


It wasn't a timed race, but I estimated it took me about 45 minutes to complete.  My knee was fine, but my breathing was more of a problem.  It was crazy humid out.  I have to say it didn't feel as far of a distance as I thought it would.  And, about 10 minutes after finishing, I got a second wind and wanted to get going again!


I've decided that I'm going to start walking/running outside more often, in addition to everything I'm doing at the gym.  I really liked it, I just have to work up my stamina.  My knee feels fine today, my hip is a little off because it isn't used to impact like that since the elliptical has no impact.


I have many more 5K's in my future.  I'm hoping to be able to run most, if not all, of a 5K by next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment