weight tracker

Monday, September 19, 2011

BLT

I love bacon, as most people do.  It's perfect at any time of the day.  I once thought that I would have to go without bacon if I wanted to lose weight.  WRONG!  Bacon and weight loss can happen at the same time!  It's all about the kind of bacon and the portion.  Mega-greasy heaps of bacon at the diner- not so much.  Crisp center-cut bacon?  Heck yes!  One of my favorite ways to enjoy bacon is in a BLT.  So here's a simple, non-diet killing recipe.  The sandwich only has a Points+ value of 6!  I know BLT's are pretty self-explanatory, but you're getting a recipe anyway!
Ingredients:
4 slices center-cut bacon, cooked crispy
1 Arnold Select 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin
1 tbsp light mayo (I really like Hellman's Light- the one with the blue cover)
1/2 tomato, sliced
Iceberg lettuce


Lightly toast the sandwich thin, and spread both halves with mayo.  Layer remaining ingredients in the order you like, I prefer tomato on the bottom, then bacon, then lettuce.  Put together, and eat.  


I had this for breakfast over the weekend, and it was great!  It's very filling and satisfies the need for bacon.  Since I usually have about 6 points for breakfast, this was an even swap for anything else I would have.  If you're having this for lunch or dinner, or if you're just really hungry, pair it with a salad or some cut up fruit.  I may just have to have another one for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment