weight tracker

Monday, April 20, 2015

Weigh-In: Week 4

Current Weight: 233lbs
Weekly Loss:  -2lbs    Current Loss:  -8lbs
Doing good, feeling good, looking good!

Slow and steady wins the race, so I'm happy being down 2 more pounds!  
So far, I've walked 33 miles this month!  I'll definitely reach my goal of 40 miles for April!
I also hope to be out of the 230's by May, so we shall see how that goes.  

I feel great!  I have energy, I physically feel great, and I mentally feel awesome!
The secret to what's working for me this time around?  TIME!
The harsh reality of life is that there is no easy fix for losing weight and being healthy.
Pills won't last in the long run, neither will anything that involves extreme fitness or diet.
Those aren't really healthy, either!
What does work?  Taking the time to do what you know you need to do.

I spend AT LEAST 2 hours a day, 
if not more, on my health.

It might be an hour of yoga, 45 minutes walking, time cooking and prepping meals, scheduling exercising, developing recipes, grocery shopping, etc.
Yes, the time might seem like a lot, but it's our lives we are talking about. 
If your life isn't worth the time, what is?  Money?  No.  Making other people happy?  No.
Family?  Family is important.  Get them to be a part of your journey!  
If they can't/won't, realize that in order for you all to enjoy your times together, 
you need to be healthy!

One of the greatest parts of this week was seeing how supportive my husband and friends are with my efforts.  My husband and I both work a lot, and that means we don't have much time to spend together.  This week, we were going to go out to dinner on Friday since we were both free.  I felt bad, but I asked Chris if we could do dinner at 8:15 so I could go for a walk and go to a yoga class.  Without any problems, he said yes, of course!  He knows that in order for me to be successful, it's going to take time.  He's even getting back into cycling, too!  Yesterday morning he went for a ride while I went for my walk.

My friends are also awesome!  We went to dinner at a friend's house on Saturday night.
She kept me in mind and had plenty of healthy options for me to enjoy!  How sweet!
(Note: I was responsible for dessert.  I brought fancy cupcakes.  We had a cupcake tasting.  
It was amazing!  And not healthy.  Amazing nonetheless.  I fail lol.)  

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! I know exactly where you are. I need to add movement to my routine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm going to add as I go along and as my body can handle it without getting injured and setting me back a few weeks! You can do it!!!!!

      Delete