weight tracker

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Reality just slapped me in the face!!!

So, I know that I've gained a large amount of weight over the past few years.  I've accepted the fact that I'm back up to the point where I was the last time I began this journey (weigh-in coming on Monday!).  

What I didn't realize is just how out-of-shape I let myself become.  I'm not a sedentary person, but I haven't "exercised" in who knows how long.  The most exercise I've gotten as of late has been practicing the choreography with my 5th graders for their play, or doing folk dances in my classes.  

Last night, I went to a yoga class at Yogaholic in Center Moriches (I purchased a Groupon deal for 2 months of unlimited classes for $49.  The deal is still available if you're interested).  I LOVED the class, but I was horribly upset to find myself unable to do things I had easily done in the past.

I will make one excuse, and I had my husband check to make sure it was a valid one and not just one I'm making up to make myself feel better.  The yoga mat I bought is so slippery, I couldn't hold any poses without slipping.  It will be returned, and a stickier one will be purchased.

That being said, man, I suck!!!  I really can't believe how weak my muscles have become.  I did get upset about it for a good hour or so, but I've flipped it around.  Now, my mantra is "this is my starting point."  I can't change where I am right now, but I can change where I'm going to be!  The only place to go from here is up, and that's where I'm going!!!


I'm still frikkin cute, though :-)

4 comments:

  1. Yes! You ARE freaking cute!!! And you can only move on from here! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl!!! I LOVE your attitude ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I believe in the power of positivity!

      Delete