weight tracker

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Note to Self: Don't Eat This Before Working Out...

I was my own worst enemy yesterday.


I had a class during the day, then went home for a few hours before heading to the gym then to teach a voice lesson afterwards.  An hour or so before I was going to leave, I realized I was super hungry, and wanted a light meal to hold me through until dinner after everything.  So, I made myself this delicious, small meal.


Fast forward about an hour.  I'm at the gym, getting on the elliptical.  All of a sudden, the red onion strikes!!!  I'm oozing onion odor, and I can't do anything about it!  I tried to just breathe out of my nose the entire time to try and contain what must have smelled like horrid BO to those around me.  The nose thing worked for about 5 minutes, but I was working up a sweat and mouth breathing was necessary.  Acid reflux also kicked in, making the whole thing just horrible!!!  I made it through my workout, and then chewed about 5 pieces of gum on my way to my students house.  I apologized to her in advance for any onion essence that might make it's way out of my mouth (but she was so polite and said she didn't smell anything!).


The moral of this story:  Don't eat red onions at any point in the day before going to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment