weight tracker

Saturday, December 17, 2011

MIA

Sorry I've been MIA.  Since the end of the summer, my mind just wasn't in it.  I'd been dealing with a plateau since May, I just came back from vacation, and school was starting.  I didn't totally sabotage myself, but I neglected the gym and wasn't measuring anything or tracking anything.  Whenever I tried to get back on track, it felt like torture because I wasn't ready.  So, knowing that I was going to gain, I made the conscious decision to take a little break before going gung-ho again.  


Last Thursday was my day.  I went back to my Weight Watchers meeting, I was up to 196 again, but that was okay.  I was finally mentally ready to do it all again.  So, the measuring cups and scales came back out.  I made all of my meals for the week.  I had a plan.  I scheduled workouts at the gym so I didn't have any excuse not to go.  I've also decided to do more than my usual workout routine- I'm taking new classes multiple times a week to switch it up for my brain and my body.


After one week back on track, I dropped 3 pounds and I'm at 193 now.  I am very optimistic and excited, knowing that I can and WILL do this again.  I still aim to eventually reach the 140 area, but I'm giving myself more time to get there.  I originally wanted to hit it by next year, but I'm adding a year to it now.  Hell, I'll even say let's get to goal before I hit the big 3-0 (turned 27 this October).  


I lost track of my progress.  I was so focused on my plateau that I forgot how far I'd come.  I am down 60 lbs from my all-time high, and down 30 from last year.  That's AWESOME!!!  As I should remember from the play I did with my students last year "slow and steady wins the race."


I will be posting again, at least once a week to let you all know how I'm doing at my weigh-ins.  I will continue to post recipes and everything else as the inspiration hits me.  Thank you all for supporting me through this!!!


Before I go, check out the new jeans I bought about a month ago.  These are my first pair of "expensive" jeans ($70 on sale for $30, that's how I roll!).  I am in love with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment